Here are some tips from Advanced Roofing Inc., one of the most experienced and successful roofing contractors, on how to properly maintain your roof.
WARNING! Use extreme caution when accessing your roof. Better yet, call a professional Chicago roofer like Advanced Roofing Inc. to conduct a thorough inspection on your behalf.
- Have your roof inspected by a professional roofer every 3-5 years, or following a severe weather event.
- If your roof is more than 10 years old, have it inspected every year.
- Look for missing, cracked or curled shingles and signs of wear.
- Look for penetrations of the shingle layer or roof deck.
- Check flashing to make sure it remains properly sealed.
- Inspect chimney for spalling, cracking or loose bricks.
- Keep your roof clear of debris, leaves and pine needles.
- Remove moss, mold or mildew.
- Trim overhanging tree limbs.
- Keep gutters clean and clear of leaves and debris all year long.
Get a Free Estimate
We can help make your home safer and more comfortable. Find out how by calling us today at 630-ROOFING or click here to schedule a FREE estimate.